SALA Rollgliss R550 Rescue and Descent Device 3328030
£671.00 – £1,586.00
When every second counts, count on the ROLLGLISS R550 rescue and descent the ultimate in fall protection.
The Rollgliss R550 is the lightest most compact unit on the market and unique descender offering dual brake for ultimate safety.
Models available with lifting handle, ladder bracket and humidity case options
Other lengths available in 10 m increments
Sala Rollgliss R550 Rescue and Descent Device with Rescue Hub
Rope comes terminated with integrated (sewn in) double action connectors at each end. The device comes with a double action connector for attachment to an anchor point or anchor sling.
– Emergency rescue and evacuation from a wide variety of elevated work areas
– Fully automatic controlled descent
– Bidirectional design enables multiple rescues
– Built-in rescue lifting handle
– Integrated pigtail and cam cleat
– 9.5 mm kernmantle rope lifeline
– Rated for up to 1640 ft. (500 m) height for one user, 575 ft. (175 m) for two users
– Compact and lightweight design
– High strength corrosion resistant construction
– Models available with lifting handle, ladder bracket and humidity case options
Rope Length: Available in 10m rope length increments (please contact us if the length you require is not shown)
The Rollgliss™ R550 offers the choice of controlled descent rescue, evacuation or the versatility of assisted rescue with lifting capabilities. This state-of-the-art, fully automatic controlled descent device can be used for rescue and evacuation from heights up to 1,640 ft. (500m) for one user 310 lbs. (141kg) or 575 ft. (175m) for two users totalling 620 lbs. (282kg). It features 3/8 in. (9.5mm) super static kernmantle rope, and is configured with connecting hardware at each end of the lifeline to operate in both directions. During assisted-rescue scenarios, a fallen worker can be attached to the R550 device, raised to a point that allows their fall arrest device to be removed, then lowered to the ground safely. Remember, during an emergency every second counts! You can count-on and trust the DBI-SALA™ Rollgliss™ systems, in use all over the world; Wind Turbine Construction & Maintenance, Offshore and Land-Based Oil Drilling Rigs, Utility Pole/Tower Construction & Maintenance, Fire & Emergency Rescue Services, Commercial Construction Sites, Industry and MRO Facilities, Government & Military Operations and more!
Emergency rescue and evacuation from a wide variety of elevated work areas
Offers a fast and reliable rescue solution that requires minimal training for added safety.
Bidirectional design enables multiple rescues
For added versatility, as one end of the lifeline descends, the other ascends ready for another rescue.
Integrated pigtail and cam cleat
Provides added control during rescue operations and allows you to stop or hold victim during assisted rescue scenarios.
Rated for up to 1640 ft. (500 m) height for one user, 575 ft. (175 m) for two users
Unique design accommodates one user at 310 lbs. (140 kg) or two users totaling 620 lbs. (282 kg) for added jobsite flexibility.
High strength corrosion resistant construction
Aluminum and stainless steel construction will stand up to the elements for an extended service life.
Fully automatic controlled descent
Enables fast, safe and effective descent at 2-3 ft. (0.6-0.9 m) per second with no manipulation required by the user for complete ease of use.
Built-in rescue lifting handle
Used during assisted rescue to slightly raise the fallen worker to disengage their fall protection system so descender can lower victim to the ground.
Compact and lightweight design
Provides fast installation and easy operation enabling efficient and effective rescue.
- Capacity 1 Person = 130-310 lbs. (60-141 kg), 2 Person = 130-620 lbs. (60-282 kg)
- Brand DBI-SALA®
- Sub Brand Rollgliss™ R550
- CoWorker Controlled Ascent Yes
- CoWorker Controlled Descent Yes
- Descent Type Vertical
- Number Of Users Two
- iSafe Equipped Yes
- Physical Weight 4,60 kg (10,1lbs)
- Product Styles Automatic Controlled Descent
- Product Types Evacuation/Escape
- Standards CE EN 341 CLASS A
Whether you want your goods delivered overseas or to a UK address, we’re here to help.
Hassle free export from the UK
With the help of our experienced export team you can order from Britannia Safety and have them:
- delivered to a UK address for onward overseas shipment, or
- delivered direct to any global address*
Your order will be correctly packaged for safe and legal transportation with all required documentation.
* Subject to compliance with current legislation.
Export gives you
- Specialist export and hazardous packaging & labelling to full International Air Transport Association (IATA) standards, ensuring safe and legal transportation of your orders
- Full export documentation together with Customer Commodity Code Numbers, (CCCN numbers)
You also get
- Weights and dimensions for your order
- Freight documents for forwarders and customs
- Country of origin information if required
- Export licences
We have partnerships with worldwide freight forwarders and global couriers which ensure an efficient, low-cost freight service.